, 英文 patron No comments

美国人天天在用的习惯用语

He works like a dog.
他工作非常努力

Don’t work too hard.
别太辛苦

Are you working out?
你健身吗

Works like a charm.
真是灵丹妙药 / 进展非常顺利

Walk me through it.
仔仔细细地跟我说一遍

She walk out on me. / She dumped me.
她甩了我

You’re walking on thin ice.
你这是如履薄冰

I’m walking on air.
我高兴死了

Why didn’t I think of that?
我怎么没想到

Great minds think alike.
英雄所见略同

That’s what you think.
那只是你的想法

Who do you think you are?
你以为你是谁?

Only time will tell.
只有时间能证明

I told you so.
不听老人言,吃亏在眼前

A little bird told me.
有人告诉我

He’s all talk.
他只会纸上谈兵

Take me into it.
给我理由

Don’t talk back.
别顶嘴

Take the hint.
还不明白吗?想想隐含意思

Take your pick.
随便挑

Take me home.
送我回家吧

This seat is taken.
这个座位有人了

Jack likes to stand out.
Jack喜欢出风头

Stand still.
站着别动

He stood up for me.
他站在我这边

You stand a good chance.
你很有可能会成功

I slept in today.
我今天睡懒觉了

Can I sleep over at Tom’s?
我能在Tom家过夜吗

I couldn’t sleep a wink.
我一点儿都没睡

I slept like a dog.
我睡美了

It runs in the family.
这是家族遗传

We’re running out of time.
我们没有多少时间了

It was a dry run.
那是一次演习

I ran into my ex.
我碰到了前任

Put mommy on.
让妈妈来听电话

Put yourself in his shoes.
你要站在他的立场上想想

Put it on my tab.
记在我的账上

Put on a happy face.
做一个幸福的表情

He’s a player.
他是花花公子

Play your cards right.
要三思而后行

Quit playing games with my heart.
别玩弄我的感情了

Don’t play hard to get.
别装腔作势了

I was so moved.
真让我感动

Get a move on, man!
快点儿

He made a move on me.
他纠缠我

Move in with me.
搬到我这儿来吧

Something is missing.
好像还差点什么

You missed the boat.
这个机会你错过了

You just missed him.
他刚走

Don’t make me laugh.
开什么玩笑

That makes sense.
这个说得通

Don’t make a scene.
别闹了

You’re asking for the moon.
你在痴心妄想

Sam asked me out.
Sam约我了

Don’t ask.
别问了

If you asked me…
如果你问我的话

Break a leg.
祝你好运 (祝福即将登台表演的人)

Can you break a $20?
你能换开20美金的零钱吗

Break it up.
别打了 (对两个扭打在一起的人说)

You’re breaking my heart.
你伤了我的心了

What brings you here?
是什么风把你刮到这里

Just bring yourself.
就带上你自己就好 (邀请人时)

I bring home the bacon.
我是赚钱养家的人

Glad you brought it up.
很高兴你说出这一切

I called in sick.
我请假了

Let’s call it off.
让我们取消吧

They call it quits.
他们分手了

Nature calls.
我去一下洗手间

Let me catch my breath.
让我喘口气

I’d better catch some Z’s.
我得谁一会儿

He got caught red-handed.
他被当场抓获

I’ll catch up.
我会赶上了 (让对方先行)

Come and get it.
来吃饭了 (做好饭后说)

Family comes first.
家庭第一

It comes in handy.
这东西很好用

I’m coming down with a cold.
我感冒了

I cried my eyes out.
我把眼睛都哭肿了

For crying out loud.
我的天哪

Don’t be such a crybaby.
别总是哭哭啼啼的

Don’t cut in line.
别插队

Let’s cut class.
我们跷课吧

I’m not cut out for this.
我不适合做这事

I’m cutting you off.
我断了你的零花钱 (威胁你听话的孩子)

You could eat off the floor.
地板一尘不染

What’s eating you?
是什么让你这么痛苦

She eats like a bird.
她饭量特别小

I could eat a horse.
我快饿死了

He’s falling apart.
他奔溃了

I fell for it again.
我又上当了

He fell off the wegon.
他又开始喝酒了 (戒酒失败)

My leg fell asleep.
我腿麻了

Fill me in.
给我解释解释

Fill out this form.
填完这张表格

Will you fill in for me?
能顶替我一下吗?

Fill ‘er up
加满 (加油时说)

I’ll get it.
我来做

I got over him.
他对我,已经过去了

I don’t get it.
我不明白(其中的点)

Get a life.
找点乐子

I‘ll give you a ride.
我开车送你

It gives me the creeps.
我感到毛骨悚然

Give me a ring.
给我打电话

I don’t give a damn.
我不关心

Let’s go all the way.
让我们一醉方休 (喝酒时)

Here we go.
好,让我们开始吧

Anything goes.
怎么都行

Go easy on him.
别太为难他了

Have a seat.
请坐

I have a hunch.
我有预感

Have a heart.
有点儿同情心

He had it coming.
他活该

I’m hearing things.
我好像听到什么声音似的

I hear you.
知道了

I can’t hear myself think.
我没法思考

I could hear a pin drop.
鸦雀无声

I know Ted like a book.
我太了解Ted了

He knows all the answers.
没有他不知道的

Let’s flip a coin.
我们来掷硬币吧

I’ll let myself out.
我走了,你别送了

Let me have it.
说来听听

I will let it slide this time.
这次就算了